This article contains guidance and environmental requirements for installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13.
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU:2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor
- Note:SSE2 instruction set required.
- Processor Cache:512 KB
- Memory (RAM):
- 32-bit: 2 GB for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10and Windows Server 2012.
- 64-bit: 4GB for Window 7, 8, 8.1, 10,Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Free hard disk space:4GB
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8 and 8.1(32-bit and 64-bit Editions)
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit and 64-bit Editions)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit Editions)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 or higher(64-bit only Edition)
- Windows Server 2012
- DVD-ROM drive (required for installation).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer9, 10 or 11 (free download available atwww.microsoft.com) or the current version of Google Chrome of Mozilla Firefox for Online Help.
- Nuance-approved microphone (included, except for upgrades). Go tohttp://support.nuance.com/compatibilityfor more information.
- Sound card capable of supporting 22 kHz 16-bit recording.
- For details on Bluetooth microphones, Tablet PCs and other hardware, please go tohttp://support.nuance.com/compatibility/.
- An internetconnection is required for activation.
- During the install process, the software checks that your system meets these requirements; if they are not met, it will not be installed.
- Dragon web extensions require Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11, or the currently supported version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. For additional information onDragon webextensionsupport including the latest supported browser versions, please seeAnswer ID 16254: Information on Dragon web extensions.
- Only the Medical edition of Dragon supports dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems.
Minimum system requirements for the Dragon remote microphone application (Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13):
- Supports iOS 4.2 and higher on iPhone 3GS and higher, iPad 1, 2 and 3, and iPodTouch 4 and higher.
- Note:The Dragon Remote Microphone application be downloaded from iTunes and the App Store.
- Supports smart phones and tablets running Android OS2.2 and higher.
- Note:The Dragon Remote Microphone application be downloaded from Google Play (formerly called the Android Market).